Monday, October 5

Sing with me... "I got hoes in different area codes"

Picked up two newbies. A writer and another Scandi. Nothing ground breaking though. And sadly no Americans.
 
I did mange to pick up the writer after I drank his martini - well he shouldn't have left it unattended should he. Lesson learnt.
 
Men seem to be a little thin on the ground at the moment, well exciting ones anyway. Always the situation when you need to have a re-shuffle of the egg basket. I wonder what it is - sports season? not any more than usual, colder climate? but that's only kicked in this week, stagnant economy? possibly, but I refuse to believe this would stop them all...and yet the one that isn't halting is the Arms Dealer - in fact now that he's back from Spain I've seen him more than I saw of him when he flew me out there. And not by choice.
 
Friday night I was at a VERY small, kind of random bar and he rocks up - I couldn't exactly ignore him so I said a quick hello and went back to my table of friends. After 10 minutes he came and sat himself down which was - to say the least, rather awkward since I'd just finished recounting the rather embellished story of his demise! Thank god for my best friend who made polite conversation with him for a while and then proceeded to say goodbye, nice to meet you and have a good night, as he left to have a cigarette, he got the hint because he didn't come back to the table. Although I navigated Saturday night without seeing him, I was out for dinner last night with a childhood friend at my local, and lo and behold guess who turns up.
 
This is intense - It's not safe to live in my neighborhood anymore. Other people are plagued by crack whores, gangs of frustrated, hormonally imbalanced 13 year olds, maniac road workers who whistle and cat call but I'm living a nightmare - I can't leave my apartment without seeing this guy. I'm going to have to get a wig and dark glasses or a santa claus suit cause I'm certainly not giving up my apartment! Just like the good ole rap song says, "I got hoes in different area codes", I also operate on this principle. Its easier feeling relaxed and secure when your dating men in different parts of the city. No, you can never account for bad luck or the occasional foray into enemy territory (so far, I'm lucky enough to say I haven't had to face a 'run-in') but keeping only one in each postcode is usually a sure-fire way of making sure they all think they're flying solo. This principle is also true with your own postcode. A rule I neglected to factor in when hanging out with Arms - I guess I figured Spain was far enough away. What makes it worse...I told him I couldn't see him cause I was dating someone else...and each time he saw me on the weekend I was with a different guy...either way, I'm staying in tonight - I just can't chance another run-in - even if that means the basket will stay vacant for a little longer.