Friday, October 2

I'm going on a bear hunt...

I sent an email to Suit and Tie, I know I know - we admonish men for not dumping us face-to-face but I needed to wrap it up and was fairly limited on time. It pretty much boiled down to the fact that both he and The English Gentleman have asked me to do things tonight (Friday) and given I had been avoiding Suit and Tie for a while I knew the time had come.
 
The email ran along the lines of..."Look I'd rather be honest with you, another guy has asked me to date him seriously (not true) - its shitty but pls don't hate me, sounds cheesy but do you think we can still be friends and have a laugh?". He's usually one for the instant reply - so after an hour I was nervous I'd sent him into a suicidal downward spiral. Last night...he called...and was fine! In fact so much so was wondering if he got the email. I don't think I've ever been that chipper to be flicked. Just when I'm about to launch into it again he says, "Oh, thanks for your email by the way - it sucks but was good to know." Huh? That's it? That's a first. Thank you for breaking up with me. In fact, not just that, but thank you for ditching me for another guy! Wow, I wish that happened every time.
 
The English Gentleman has 'tonsillitis' aka. man-flu and is wandering the streets high on pain killers and minimal sleep - I'll be surprised if he's alive by this evening, let alone if he makes it to dinner with us. If he does then I'll have to save a my basket filing / man hunting for tomorrow...I think I'm a little too enamored with him - I have to snap out of that- nothing good can come of it. I'm missing not having an American in the mix - maybe I'll go hunting for specific creature this weekend, I don't think I'm up for a large game shoot, but perhaps I'll try for a regional specialty. One of the baseball cap wearing, well built, good for a adventure, perfect manners, all American variety...I'm going on a bear hunt...and lets hope I catch a big one...