Tuesday, October 6

How do we always screw it up?

I've been thinking about my Scandi ex  (3 year sentence for that crime). He's flying between between countries and thought he'd stop over to have dinner on Friday. Luckily I'm away this weekend but I've been thinking about our history. Essentially he ticks all the boxes and is a fantastic person. We had amazing times together, good and bad and yet the love we created virtually evaporated by the end.

In fact, to be honest- even though I might hate them at the time of the big bust ups most of my ex boyfriends were amazing men- and frankly I'm not second rate. Its with that in mind that I'm feeling a little confused. How is it that we managed to screw it up so badly? What makes perfectly great people get together and break each other's hearts? Do we not have enough to do at work?

Boiling it right down- how do we make everything else work? We foster amazing friendships, nurture work alliances, build corporations, lead sporting teams to victory and inspire people to better ways of living but when it comes to making peace with the one person you choose to love it can all end in tears and lawyers fees. How is it the smaller the distance the bigger the fallout? And no matter how great we are as individuals mixing it up as a pair can be the ultimate disaster.