Wednesday, September 30

Can it be Easter already?

There is a moment in every relationship where you choose to pay all your attention to one person. You stare at them, weigh up your options and think- really? You? Hmmm- ok. Because as much as I'd love to be more romantic practicality is key when cutting other options and committing your eggs to one scramble.

The problem I'm currently tossing is I get the feeling The English Gentleman isn't seeing 6 other people. And as chuffed as I am to say that he's currently topping my charts...I'm a bit crap at the whole dumping saga. Always have been. I tend to be a fan of ignore at all costs- which only very rarely backfires...in view of this and keeping in mind that The Gentleman hasn't exactly asked me to 'go steady' I think I'm having a flash of conscience and am going to have to start to cull the herd out of respect.

The Arms Dealer announced he's flying back to London tonight and wants to have a drink- how nice, but I suggest you alert the staff at Heathrow rather than me. I was rather sharp in my reply- 'sorry I've started seeing someone else, safe flight'. Harsh but fair. And in my defence, that was over eons ago!

Monster Mashed will understandably be distraught- last time he cooked me dinner I noticed a black hair pin in his apartment...killer giveaway- my hair pins are beige and his hair isn't long enough for a cut let alone a pin. If him keeping the first series of The Wire is the cost of jumping ship on that, frankly it's a small price to pay- it only reminds me that HMV Poacher/Stalker exists anyway! (Quick note: He hasn't called ALL DAY! It's a first! Perhaps he's trying at playing hard to get!)

The American and The King of Spades have both left the country which makes that a cinch.

But its Suit and Tie that is going to be rough...I think I'm going to have to suck up all my courage and play the bad guy here. Crap. I really do love an easy way out...

And that thought makes me wonder how much of the cull is healthy, how much is indulgent and how much is a little premature...am I jumping the gun to get rid of my back-up men? I've never been a fan of this 'all eggs, one basket' tactic and my last serious love (Mr. Big) literally badgered me to fly tandem before I would let go of my posse.

And logistically if I do this, do I ask? "Hey, FYI thought I'd call to let you know I've dumped all your competition". Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. And at that point will I be surreptitiously admitting that I was seeing other people all along?  Do I wait and see if he asks? Will he ask? Especially if he's been flying solo since meeting me...oh lord- when did choosing just one get so complicated...this is exactly why I keep 8 in the loop! Pass me a new set of baskets I think I need to divy my eggs up again.