Saturday, September 19

If you learn one lesson...

...it's NOT to delete numbers, it will always come back to bite you. 

So I spent my Christmas / New Years in the land of the free and in the city de jour- New York. It included few crazy nights including my birthday at an underground bar and then partying with drag queens. It was on one of these occasions that I met a kid who I'll call The Giant. I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say he's 7 ft tall. I'm rather tiny at 5' 3, which meant I not only needed to stand on 1 step but 2!!! Anyway the hot, very tall scandi (that strangely couldnt speak scandi) was an incredible find until a couple of nights later when he turned up trying to snog a girl at the table next to me in a club- little did he know I was sitting right there until afterwards when he fumbled fruitlessly to explain. I promptly snogged a famous baseballer to piss him off.  A few ignored calls and messages later and I came back to the Continent and promptly forgot all about him... 

Except for when I not so cleverly rid myself of his number. 9 months later and I just got a message from him inviting me for drinks at a hotel here in town and then to a club- wow, wonders will never cease to amaze. And I will cease to delete!

Another friend of mine simply changes their name entry to 'Do not answer' - a rather harsh version of the number deletion process. But at least she's never fooled into responding. But knowing myself, I need to know which one is trying to establish contact- just in case...you know ...well just in case i'm in the mood for a 7ft tall hot scandi.