Friday, September 11

1,2,3,4 white suits on the dance floor?

So about a month ago I went out for dinner with my girls. The usual tom-foolery went down including deciding that we must go to a local American bar where there are more alpha males than an overactive trading floor. After literally walking in, one of my best friend comes out with-
 
Bartender: What would you like?
Miss McQueen: Men, lots of men.
Bartender (rather confused and looking around at a see of men): Umm - ok.
 
And the night went downhill from there...we were mobbed. Essentially we were adopted by a group of rather hot, hilarious young gentlemen who then convinced us to join them at a table at a club. After waaaay too many cocktails the dancing began - encouraged by the flashing 70's dance floor we began cutting our coolest moves, the lawnmower, shopping trolley, sprinkler system - bringing back the days of 70's disco cool...believe me if someone had provided a phone-booth changing room with a supply of white flared suits I believe we all would have been clawing at the door!
 
In any case and obviously because I looked so cool - I managed to catch the eye of a little spring chicken who I then busted moves with. End of the night he walked me home...with a short stroll in a gated cricket pitch (lord knows how I manage to climb an 8 foot fence when I've consumed a bottle of champagne myself - I seriously become spider woman with no limit on my ability to scale,even in a silk evening dress... perhaps this is the reason superheroes hang out at night - they need a couple of cocktails to get going!)
 
So anyway after a little next morning sms banter there was no follow up. I let it go - without that first chase on his behalf you have to leave it.
 
Last night - text number 5 from the boy pool was from a random number, and low-and-behold...Mr. Test Match was connecting again, after my initial surprise and a quick comment that I thought he'd died..he invited me for a drink...only sticking point...he's 3 years younger than me...which considering my age makes him positively a baby...eek!
 
Text 1 -Monster Mash sms'ed - he's back, couple of days of ex revelation cool down.
Text 2 -The Boxer wants to go to the movies tonight, but I think I'm bored already - he's got too much time on his hands.
Call 3 - Suit and Tie - missed his call, actually, that's a lie - saw it, couldn't be bothered..brunch with him on Sat.
Text 4 - Italian Stallion and I are having coffee later, so easy since we're in the same locale - but that's it, is that bad?