Friday, November 6

Judgement day.

Is it wrong to judge someone because of what they wear? I know the mandatory answer to this is 'yes' - but really? Is it? Because I do it all the time. And I'd like to think I'm not a horrible person. I'm happy being about 20% horrible, but not much more than that.
 
And yet if your a guy and your wearing some cheap-ass suit or a sweater that is made of more plastic material than natural fibers we're going to have issues. Last week I actually met a man wearing a shirt/sweater combo. Normal, you think to yourself, until the other guys get drunk enough to point out that this wonderfully inventive item is already pre-combined! That's right. It's nothing more than a collar and sleeves sewn onto a grandpa vest! Huh? Your that lazy you couldn't put two items on? I'm sorry if you wear that shit you deserve to be judged. Period.
 
There have been many a fashion faux pas in my dating history, one VERY hot man who looked sharp in a beautiful Italian navy wool suit when I met him and then rocked up to take me on a picnic in a skin tight muscle t and combat trousers pulled up illegally high...one questions - why?...sneakers and jeans - no comment and a short guy who insisted on wearing an oversized leather jacket and matrix sunglasses - don't ask.
 
Looking back on my own fashion history, yes, there have been some shockers but I'd like to think overall it was only 20% horrible which means I've evened myself out. I have to draw the line at a shirt/sweater combo though - a cheap one at that, and if you've got a problem with that then go buy one. But be warned if I ever see you in it, I am going to judge you and it's not going to be pretty.