Tuesday, February 2

Finally IDOL has a good business plan!

I've been listening to a cheesy pop tune that's got me humming and thinking - granted, not a common mix...
 
Stan Walker's, Little Black Box has me yearning...to dance and to place an order.
 
I think my life needs something little and secret. Not a city guide with numbers of unknown drycleaners, cobblers and boutique hotels. Not a forbidden love affair (although I wouldn't be averted to one of these). And not a little black book with a list of names for whom my name still causes flutters. Nope - Instead, I need a real little black box, the industrial sort. The sort that records all the details of a May Day flight before it goes plummeting to the ground. A little piece of history that remains in tact through fire, water, brimstone and bar side banter. In fact, to be fair - if these little boxes are indestructible – why has no-one thought of simply building the whole plane from them?
 
Hmmmm. An indestructible little black box of emotion - I'd like that. I would like to stipulate that my little black box should strain airline convention and be accessible by me obviously. Negating those in places of power is mandatory, just in case there are sections which may need slight editorial input - you know, for security and copyright issues of course. And perhaps if it could be available at all times? Otherwise it would be rather pointless - I'm probably going to die choking on a banana sooner than in a Boeing 747. Please note I do not eat banana.
 
I think, honestly, it would save a lot of angst and drama - particularly on hung-over hazy Sunday mornings. I'd be able to point at certain moments and note - THERE! TOLD you he said that - TOLD you we went there, TOLD you! HA! A virtual self regulated Big Brother.
 
But instead life is a matter of he said she said. And that's as simple as it is.
 
And so to put you on the spot a bit Stan claiming to 'search through the wreckage of a love affair, there's a little black box in the middle of the ocean holding all the truth about us, it's a little black box, a record of emotion, everything that ever was.' Well, now you’re going to have to follow through on your business plan - even if it is in song form, because frankly, I'm going to need to get me one of these babies. Either than or a reality TV camera crew.