Tuesday, March 2

Destiny's Child

I'm an ardent believer that you never meet a man of serious intentions in a nightclub. It's a law written in permanent marker across the sweaty forehead of a hung-over frat boy. I believe I've blogged about it before. I'm sure I've even extrapolated the theme to include other venues which represent what I see as fruitless hunting grounds and if I haven't - I meant to.

Point being - I'm a little bemused to find myself potentially, slightly, falling for a man with whom I made my first acquaintance in a night club. And even more incredibly I was on the rebound from Hercules. But contrary to all norms the 20% Russian has now been on the scene a whole month. Ground breaking, I know. And I'm yet to tire of him. Again, ground breaking. Made even more surprising since it was his friend trying to buy my a drink at the bar. Then after introducing us said "No, don't go over there, come back, you'll be sick of him in a week". Clearly this kid had a bad sales pitch - 1 week? Nightclub? Rebound? Exactly what I was going for. And now the tides have turned on me and we've been hanging out a whole month. Worrying.

There isn't much to say really - it's a matter of waiting this one out. But Jeanny boy (Jean de La Fontaine) I think I might agree with you - "sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it". I have met at least one month of destiny in an alcohol fueled, sticky floored establishment when I wasn't trying/looking or anticipating. Expanding this theory, perhaps in the future I should avoid doing anything worthwhile with my working life, acquiring any forms of wealth or having ridiculous amounts of fun. Which will, according to this theory, then inevitably mean I'll be rich, successful and deliriously happy. Sign me up and play blood on the dance floor I'm in!

Then again, the 20% Russian is sweeping me off to the Canary Islands this weekend for sunshine and pina coladas - maybe I shouldn't mock, maybe he'll last for another month of destiny. Jeanny - maybe, just maybe you might have hit on something here old boy!