Thursday, January 14

When you smile alone...

For someone who has an allergic reaction to long distance relationships I'm happily surprised to be in one. In fact, the only itching I’ve been doing seems to have resulted from the strange insect bite I obtained in the Bahamas and if you go by the unpublished Bible-of-my-mother, this can be attributed to a riotously vicious mosquito which my own insect infested childhood didn't quite prepare me...so much for building an immune system to ward off 6 legged creatures and man creeps. 
 
Without boring you with the promotional details like he's tall, handsome, kind, funny and sexy all at once. I can pretty much state that for better or worse he's pried open the vault which had, for a while perhaps, become my heart, jammed it open with a wedge of laughter and thrown down a bolt of happiness to stop it blowing shut. I in return have essentially thrown my abandon off a cliff - admitted, somewhat reluctantly, that I like him and discovered what its like to find myself smiling when there's no one else around. It's nice, it's been a while and it's different.
 
I've no idea where it's going or how long either of us can support this rather expensive air mile addiction we've developed, but I do know for the first time in a long time I don't want to shrug only to look back and say...shoulda, coulda, woulda...didnt, damn. In fact, for the first time in a long time I'd like to catch myself walking down a hallway, smile to no one in particular and say...did, doing, damn good.